The Places you should not miss in Marrakesh
Back from Marrakech, Mouna shares with us her addresses and tips in the Red City. This Yoga enthusiast Londoner, tells us everything about the must do activities for a few days city break in Marrakesh. In the agenda, culture, local gastronomy, landscapes but also relaxation!
In a few words, tell us about yourself, and what do you like to do during your travels?
I am passionate about Feng Shui and Interior Design that I study at the Institute of Art and Design in New York, in parallel with my job (I work for a media group in London).
I have just started a project to decorate an apartment at PalmGolf Marrakech that excites me particularly. The idea is to create a design and functional space that helps to realize your personal projects. So I take advantage of my stays to immerse myself in local decorations and flavors and refuel, far from the crazy London.
How long have you been in Marrakech ?
4 days – It’s just 3 hours flight, Marrakech is a perfect destination for a city break or a long weekend
What are the must-sees / does in Marrakech ?
- The YSL Museum followed by the umissanle Jardin de Majorelle, I never get tired of it!
A medina tour to shop pretty craft pieces, visit the house of photography and sip a mint lemonade on a rooftop
- Enjoy a tasty Marrakchi Tagine
- Relax in the Hammam at the Mamounia Spa, followed by a a tea in the orangery
- Visit the Agafay desert at sunset
What addresses do you recommend?
- A yoga session at The Yogi in Me to start the day perfectly
- Nomad for their famous mint lemonade and nomad burger
- Enjoy a good tagine in Al-Fassia
- Chabi Chic to fill up on Moroccan ceramics
- A pottery class at the Beldi Country Club
- A Thai Boxing class with Freddy at Fellah Hotel
- The Palmgolf (Ourika road) for a sporting session at Waky
- A cocktail at the Fenn Hotel
- Finish the evening on the Bo&Zin dance floor
According to you, what is the ideal My Souk In The City piece to remain stylish during your stay ?
The HOB of course: it fits perfectly with the colors of Marrakesh
I am also a big fan of the bohemian canvas by Dar Fatyme